.

.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

It's written in black and white !.....

or these days on Internet!....
Wobbly stitches are OK !
by Sharon Boggon
For me wobbly stitches rule! I have noticed that some beginners to embroidery apologise for their wobbly efforts. To be honest I don’t think it is necessary. I will tell you why. This is the 21st century. We are surrounded by machine made things. Some of these things are ugly, some are beautiful, some are practical, some have sentimental value, some are status symbols and some I look at and wonder why they exist. All these things have different roles in our life. All serve different purposes but the thing they have in common is that they are machine made. They are smooth or straight or, well… machined. As humans the things we make with our hands are not perfect. We may strive to make things as well as possible but there is always a ‘flaw’. I don’t see it as a flaw because if it is, it is the flaw of being human.
Thanks Sharon!